1. United Airlines was established in the year 1931. The company name changed from United Continental Holdings to United Airlines Holdings on June 27, 2019.
2. United Airlines, Inc. has its headquarters at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois, and is a major airline in the United States. United Airlines has seven hubs namely, Chicago O’Hare, Denver, Houston Intercontinental, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Newark, Washington Dulles. Out of these Chicago O’Hare is the largest hub of United with approximately 36 million passengers flying every year that makes it almost around 1 lakh people every day.
3. United Airlines flies to 231 destinations including 125 international destinations across 48 countries in five continents.
4. United Airlines is one of the founder members of the world’s largest airline alliance, Star Alliance, having 28 member airlines.
5. On November 7, 2011, the world’s first commercial flight using microbially-derived biofuel was flown by the United Airlines. And then in 2016, United became the first airline to use biofuel on a regular basis on its all commercial aircraft.
6. United Airline is the first airline to employ a female cabin crew staff in the world. In the year 1930, Ellen Church became the first female cabin crew staff or flight attendant to fly from Oakland to Chicago on a United Airline flight. Earlier to this airlines only employed male flight attendants.
United Airlines has been one of the largest and one of the best airlines in the world. The airline has been serving to its customers for almost 90 years. United Airline tickets can be booked anytime by calling on its Customer Service Number or from its website. United Airlines Reservations can also be made on its mobile app available on both Android and iOS.
So just start planning your travel and search for best deals and offers available on United Airlines tickets.